Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
this room temperature salad goes great with italian bread to soak up the juices
- 1⁄4 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon coarse grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 ears corn, husks removed
- 2 large tomatoes, halved
- 3 yellow tomatoes, halved
- 1 bunch scallion, trimmed
- 1 bunch watercress, stems removed
- heat grill to medium-high.
- whisk together dressing ingredients, set aside.
- brush corn and tomatoes, cut side, with remaining tbsp olive oil.
- grill tomatoes cut side down and scallions for about 4 minutes until grill marks appear, remove.
- add corn and grill 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden.
- remove and let cool.
- cut tomatoes into chunks, add to a salad bowl.
- slice scallions, add to bowl.
- cut corn from the cobs, add to bowl.
- add watercress, toss.
- whisk dressing again to combine, toss with salad.
- season with salt& pepper.
this was great,theres nothing like using fresh produce, i took chia's advice and used some fresh french bread to eat with this yummy
Good salad, but I think we would prefer the tomatoes raw next time. We used corn hand picked that day, so you can never go wrong with that. We did not add honey (personal preference). We BBQ'd the green onions on low, but they were pretty burnt by 3 minutes - not sure how to fix that. We just removed the black ends and added what was left. Avocado would be great in this.
this was wonderful. thank you for a really delicious dressing. have been experimenting with different salads a lot recently & haven't found anything else that comes close to this one.