1/1 Photo of Grilled Corn-Sweet Onion Salad
I stumbled across this recipe last summer when I needed something to make for my sister's wedding reception. The family loved it, so I took it to a pot luck at work and they loved it too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ears corn, husks and silk removed and blanched
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus extra for brushing the corn
- 1/4 cup aged sherry wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 large red bell peppers, diced
- 1 large vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 4 ripe plum tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- salt and pepper
- 1Preheat grill.
- 2Brush the blanched corn with oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Grill until slightly charred on all sides, about 2 minutes.
- 4With a sharp knife, scrape the kernels into a medium bowl.
- 5Combine the vinegar, mustard, and garlic in a large bowl and slowly whisk in the remaining 1/2 cup of olive oil until emulsified.
- 6Add the corn kernels, bell peppers, onion, tomatoes, jalapeno, and chives.
- 7Toss to coat with the dressing.
- 8Season with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Corn-Sweet Onion Salad
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.8
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 27.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar