Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I stumbled across this recipe last summer when I needed something to make for my sister's wedding reception. The family loved it, so I took it to a pot luck at work and they loved it too.
- 12 ears corn, husks and silk removed and blanched
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil, plus extra for brushing the corn
- 1⁄4 cup aged sherry wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 large red bell peppers, diced
- 1 large vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 4 ripe plum tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped chives
- salt and pepper
- Preheat grill.
- Brush the blanched corn with oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill until slightly charred on all sides, about 2 minutes.
- With a sharp knife, scrape the kernels into a medium bowl.
- Combine the vinegar, mustard, and garlic in a large bowl and slowly whisk in the remaining 1/2 cup of olive oil until emulsified.
- Add the corn kernels, bell peppers, onion, tomatoes, jalapeno, and chives.
- Toss to coat with the dressing.
- Season with salt and pepper.
I've taken this salad to two BBQ's and it's been a big hit! The sweet, smokiness of the roasted corn, spicy jalapeno and cool onion flavors are great together on a hot summer afternoon.
Made exactly as written and it was great!!
This was an awesome corn salad. I loved the combination of corn, sweet onions and tomatoes with the semi tart dressing. I didn't care for the red bell pepper for some reason. Just didn't seem to fit for us. The hint of heat from the jalapeno was nice. I used rice wine vinegar and a little splenda to soften the tartness of the dressing. I'll be making this all the time this summer. Thanks MG for a great summer time recipe.