Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 mins
A recipe from the cookbook The Recipe Girl Cookbook. It's so yummy.
Make and share this Grilled Corn Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 5 ears corn, shucked and rinsed
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients.
- Soak the corn in a large bowl of water for 30 minutes. Preheat the grill to medium. Drain the corn and place on the hot grill grates, grilling for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or just until char marks begin to appear. Remove the ears of corn from the grill and let them cool. Cut the corn kernels off the cobs. (See my tip at the end).
- In a large bowl, mix the corn kernels, tomatoes, basil and red onion.
- Add the vinaigrette to the salad and toss. Season the salad with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- This salad may be prepared up to 4 hours before serving.
- Tip : Boil water in a large saucepan. When boiling, add the corn and when it return to a boil, boil them 2 minutes. Then remove from the water. And it's ready to grill on the bbq until you have the char marks. I tried it many times and it's perfect. It's what Ricardo suggest.
This is really quite good! I like the little bit of bite from the basil. Balance of flavors was perfect. Posted for Food Friends & Fun "For Your Consideration" tag.
Yum! I had this with fresh picked corn and tomatoes from my neighbor's garden and loved it. I served it again about a week later and added just a touch of honey to the dressing. Loved that too. Thanks!