Recipe by Hotcooking_21
This is a refreshing summer recipe. I was in spired to create this recipie because i was tired of plain old corn on the cob. Sreved cold or warm this one is sure to be a new family favorite.
Top Review by Tearoom mom
I was happy to try something new to impress our company for our BBQ yesterday. This salad was very easy to make and had the most wonderful flavors. I will be defiently making this again!!! Thanks Hotcooking!!
- 8 ears white corn
- 1 red onion, sliced in thick rounds
- 1 red pepper, cleaned, and cut in half
- 3 carrots, peeled
- 1 bunch green onion
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 -2 1⁄2 tablespoons litehouse freeze-dried salad herb seasoning mix
- salt & pepper
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup walnut oil
Directions See How It's Made
- To make dressing:.
- In a blender place vinegar,djion mustard, herbs, and salt & pepper.
- Blend on high, slowly adding oil until thickened, slightly (may be a litte runny).
- place in fridge to chill.
- To make salad:.
- Heat BBq grill to high.
- Grill corn until cooked trough. There may be some darker kernels which is good.
- Grill all other vegetables until softened. Carrots and Greens onions take the least amount of time so keep an eye on them.
- Cut corn off the cob and place in a large bowl.
- Cut all other vegetables in equal sizes to the corn kernels, or slightly larger.
- Pour dressing over salad starting with half.
- More can be added depending on taste, and personal prefrence.
- Move to refridgerator and let chill for 1 hour. Flavor gets better the longer it sits.