Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a wonderful way of preserving the fresh taste of summer corn and one less pot to worry about cleaning.
- 4 ears corn
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- Carefully pull back each piece of corn husk one by one without detaching it from base.
- Remove corn silk and replace husks one piece at a time over corn kernels.
- Tie string around center of each cob and trim string close to knot.
- Soak corn in sink of cold water for 30 minutes.
- Remove from water and pat dry.
- Grill over medium heat turning occasionally until tender- about 15 minutes.
- Combine spread ingredients and serve with corn.
Love the texture and flavor from grilling the corn this way. The butter was good, too. Next time I'll tweak the butter by adding some chili powder.
I love the smoked flavor the corns get by cooking it this way. I must admit I was sceptical about the flavor until I cooked it myself and it really is GREAT!!! I called and recommended this to my mom.
Excellent blend of flavor's. DH was really WOWed! by this. He kept asking what is that great taste. I didn't tell him it was lemon until he was through eating it. I can't believe I'm the first to rate this dish. Great for the barbeque. A must try. Thanks, Kate in Ontario for posting.