Prep 5 mins
Cook 16 mins
This surprising combination adds more sweetness to an already sweet summer treat of corn on the cob. The roasted red pepper mayo is also delicious with grilled potatoes or other favourite vegetables. Recipe by Emily Richards from Food and Drink.
Roasted Red Pepper Mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup roasted red pepper, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Whisk together mayonnaise, roasted red pepper, parsley, garlic and black pepper in bowl until combined. Set aside half of the mayonnaise mixture to serve.
- Brush corn with butter and place on greased grill over medium-high heat and grill, turning occasionally for 8 minutes.
- Brush remaining half of mayonnaise mixture over corn, and grill, turning for about 8 minutes or until golden brown and tender-crisp.
- Serve with reserved mayonnaise mixture.
Bueno! A very nice flavor combination! I used dicecd pimiento peppers from a jar and it worked well. I sprinkled a little chle powder over the top. Thanks for a yummy recipe! Made for the Epicurean Queens, ZWT 2009.
Both DH and I loved these corn cobs! The corn was nice and crisp cooked on the grill and the roasted red pepper mayo was just divine! I basted the corn several times with the mayo and just let the final baste melt into the corn a little, took them off the grill and ate right away. Great recipe! Made for the Babes of ZWT4.
Really nice, but i will use butter next time too. Also i couldn't find roasted red peppers, so i used a red pepper (not a bell pepper) which i roasted myself on the flame of my stove. Made for ZWT4 for the Tastebud Tickling Travellers.