1 hr 10 mins
Summer times is a great time to break out the grill and start cooking! Mesquite wood gives this corn an AWESOME taste. Another Tex-Mex recipe! Prep time includes soaking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel back the husks and carefully remove all the corn silk (strings).
- 2Bring the husks back up around the corn and tie with kitchen string.
- 3Soak the corn in cold water for 30 minutes.
- 4In a bowl, combine the margarine, jalapeno salt, chili powder and garlic powder.
- 5Mix with a fork until well blended.
- 6After draining the water from the mesquite chips, add the chips to a medium heat grill.
- 7Cook the corn for about 30 minutes, turning with a pair of tongs about every 5 minutes.
- 8Remove corn from the fire, peel back the husks and brush on the margarine mixture using a 1" pastry brush.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Corn on the Cob with Mesquite
Serving Size: 1 (1344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.0
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 104.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
jalapeno seasoning salt