Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Bon Appetit August 2004. This sounds easy and good.
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon lime peel, grated
- 6 ears corn on the cob, unhusked
- Prepare barbecue (high heat).
- Grill chiles until charred on all sides.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Using small paring knife, peel chiles.
- Scrape out seeds and pale membranes; discard.
- Coarsely chop chiles; transfer to processor.
- Add butter, garlic, and lime peel; process until smooth.
- Season jalapeno-lime butter to taste with salt.
- Transfer to small bowl. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Bring to room temperature before serving.)
- Grill corn until husks are blackened on all sides, turning occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- Wearing oven mitts to protect hands, remove husks and silk from corn.
- Serve immediately with jalapeno-lime butter and salt.
Delicious and so flavorful. I loved grilled corn and this tangy butter is wonderful slathered all over it. Loved the subtle bite of the jalapeno. Will be made often -- all summer long. : )
Yummy!...I cut the recipe in half...and the butter can serve at least twice the amount...so I have leftovers...for corn on the cob...maybe grilled bread...anyway...we loved it...I really tired to use my mini food processor to make everything smooth...but cutting the recipe in just didn't give enough ingredients to keep the processor mixing...but with that said...hubby and I like thinks on the chunky side...this is a keeper...thanks for posting it...=)
I made this recipe to serve along side of Grilled Mexican-Style Cornish Hens, believing it would be good match. It probably would have been, if not for the fact the I destroyed the poor birdies! The corn however, turned out tasting fantastic! I only used 1 pepper (that's what I had left after using 3 on the hens). And I used frozen, but thawed, Green Giant corn on the cob, wrapped in foil. The butter was delicious. Thank you for posting this recipe. I will definately make it again with fresh sweet corn this summer.