Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another Bobby Flay recipe - a nice,flavorful side for the BBQ!!! ***recipe assumes two ears per person - so bring 'em hungry!!
- 8 ears corn
- 4 limes, fresh quartered
- garlic butter, recipe follows
- 1⁄2 cup Cotija cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped for garnish
- 1 cup unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 habanero pepper, seeded
- 1⁄4 bunch fresh chives
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Peel back the husks of the corn without removing them.
- Remove the silks and recover the corn with the husk.
- Soak in large bowl of cold water for 30 minutes.
- Remove corn from water and shake off excess.
- Place the corn on the grill, close the cover and grill for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Unwrap corn and brush with the garlic butter.
- Sprinkle with the cotija cheese and squeeze with lime.
- Sprinkle with chopped chives, to garnish.
- For Garlic Butter: Combine butter, garlic, habanero, and chives in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper; Set aside until ready to use.
Wow! What a way to eat corn on the cob!! The garlic and chives really compliment the corn and the jalapeno (used instead of habanero) gave just a little heat without overpowering. Fabulous recipe!! I couldn't find Cotija cheese so I used Manchengo instead. Made for Las Mistico Magicos Sirenas - ZWT5.
OMG, these are so good. I loved everything about them. To start off, the way to prepare them is great. It doesn't heat up the kitchen and tastes great. Then the garlic butter with peppers in it oh yum......so good. To top it off, the cheese on these is over the top. I would never of thought to top corn with cheese. thank you for introducing us to something completely different for us.
10 STARS!!!! This is my favorite of all I made for the ZWT5 so far! I loved this. And corn is not at it`s peek of freshness yet! It is key to soak as soon as you bring the corn home, check Grilled Fresh Sweet Corn on the Cob in Husks The flavors are fabulous in this. I was so satisfied with one. More then plenty. And the butter is a very generous serving so that could be cut back. Being said this is a lot less calories then stated. Made for ZWT5. Gracia. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)