Recipe by Juenessa
Spicy, smoky and sweet--it's almost summer and time to start those grills! This recipe comes from Bon Appetit, August 2006.
Top Review by Abby Girl
Corn season is here and these cobs turned out wonderful. I cut the recipe in half as I was only doing up 3 cobs and that was perfect. I had frozen the chipotles, then chopped them up and put them in a container. It is so easy then to get out the amount of chipotle you need....so with us, 1 tsp was plenty of heat without being overpowering!!! I would do this recipe again...so thanks, Juenessa for the posting!!
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter (1/2 stick)
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 teaspoons minced canned chipotle chiles
- 2 teaspoons mild-flavored molasses (light)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 ears corn, shucked
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat)--
- Mix butter, orange juice concentrate, chipotle chiles, molasses, and salt in microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high until melted, about 20 seconds (or melt butter in saucepan with next 4 ingredients over medium-low heat).
- Stir in cilantro.
- Grill corn until beginning to blacken in spots, turning occasionally, about 3 minutes.
- Brush generously with glaze.
- Grill until glaze sets, about 3 minutes longer.
- Transfer to platter and brush corn with additional glaze.
- Serve, passing remaining glaze and additional salt separately.