Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Spicy, smoky and sweet--it's almost summer and time to start those grills! This recipe comes from Bon Appetit, August 2006.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat)--
- Mix butter, orange juice concentrate, chipotle chiles, molasses, and salt in microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high until melted, about 20 seconds (or melt butter in saucepan with next 4 ingredients over medium-low heat).
- Stir in cilantro.
- Grill corn until beginning to blacken in spots, turning occasionally, about 3 minutes.
- Brush generously with glaze.
- Grill until glaze sets, about 3 minutes longer.
- Transfer to platter and brush corn with additional glaze.
- Serve, passing remaining glaze and additional salt separately.
Corn season is here and these cobs turned out wonderful. I cut the recipe in half as I was only doing up 3 cobs and that was perfect. I had frozen the chipotles, then chopped them up and put them in a container. It is so easy then to get out the amount of chipotle you need....so with us, 1 tsp was plenty of heat without being overpowering!!! I would do this recipe again...so thanks, Juenessa for the posting!!