Prep 1 hr
Cook 25 mins
Add grilled corn to your list of summer vacation or picnic traditions. This is a recipe everyone will be glad to help you with!! Husk, soak, and grill the corn in anticipation of its sweet, smoky flavor.
- 4 -6 fresh ears of corn
- 12 pack of your favorite beer
- 1 bag ice
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh thyme, or
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- Peel husks back, but do not remove.
- Using a stiff brush or your fingers, remove silk from corn.
- Pull husks back up around corn.
- In an ice chest, cover corn (husks on) with 12 pack of beer.
- Then cover with bag of ice.
- Soak for at least 1 hour.
- Drink the beer.
- Pull corn from cooler shaking corn to remove excess water.
- Cover corn as much as possible with husks.
- If necessary, tie the tips of the husks together with wet kitchen string.
- Grill corn (with husks) on an uncovered grill directly over medium-hot coals about 25 minutes or until tender, turning several times.
- Carefully remove the husks and strings.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan combine margarine or butter,lemon juice, and thyme.
- Heat on the grill or stovetop until margarine is melted.
- Brush mixture over the corn before serving.
Sounds excellent to me!
Really good. We followed your recipe to the letter, and had a most delicious meal and a most pleasant view of the nice summer evening. It was just my husband and I, so there was plenty of everything to go around!!!