1 hr 25 mins
Missy Merrill's Note:
Add grilled corn to your list of summer vacation or picnic traditions. This is a recipe everyone will be glad to help you with!! Husk, soak, and grill the corn in anticipation of its sweet, smoky flavor.
My Private Note
Side Di ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel husks back, but do not remove.
- 2Using a stiff brush or your fingers, remove silk from corn.
- 3Pull husks back up around corn.
- 4In an ice chest, cover corn (husks on) with 12 pack of beer.
- 5Then cover with bag of ice.
- 6Soak for at least 1 hour.
- 7Drink the beer.
- 8Pull corn from cooler shaking corn to remove excess water.
- 9Cover corn as much as possible with husks.
- 10If necessary, tie the tips of the husks together with wet kitchen string.
- 11Grill corn (with husks) on an uncovered grill directly over medium-hot coals about 25 minutes or until tender, turning several times.
- 12Carefully remove the husks and strings.
- 13Meanwhile, in a small saucepan combine margarine or butter,lemon juice, and thyme.
- 14Heat on the grill or stovetop until margarine is melted.
- 15Brush mixture over the corn before serving.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Corn On The Cob & Beer
Serving Size: 1 (446 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 129.0
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 80.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: