Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
A tasty appetizer. From TOH.
- 6 ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- tortilla chips
- Grill corn, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
- Cut corn from cobs.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, jalapeno and garlic in butter for 2-3 minutes or until almost tender.
- Add corn; saute 1-2 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from the heat.
- Preheat oven to 400F and lightly grease a 2-quart casserole or baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream and chili powder.
- Stir in cheese and corn mixture.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
- Sprinkle with olives and green onions.
- Serve with chips.
This is an awesome recipe for a dip! I had it last weekend at a friend's house for a grill out. The lady who made this said that she makes this in the winter as well...just take a package of frozen corn, spread it out on a cookie sheet and roast at 375 and stir it a couple of times. Just thought I'd pass it along for those who want to enjoy this year round! As is, this really tantilizes the taste buds! The sweet smoky flavor of the corn, combined with the spiceiness of the jalapeno and the creaminess of the mayo/sour cream not to mention the luciousness of the cheese...one word WOW!!!