Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Pampered Chef. Ears of corn are smothered with a delicious flavored butter and grilled. Good to prepare ahead of time and take camping. The tomato-herb spread is good on breads or other vegetables too. Dried herbs could be used in place of the fresh if necessary.
- 4 ears corn, husked and cleaned
- aluminum foil
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons tomatoes, seeded and very finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine all the herb spread ingredients.
- Rub corn generously with herbed butter.
- Wrap each ear of corn tightly with aluminum foil.
- Place wrapped corn on grill and cook 10-15 minutes, turning frequently.
- Remove from grill, remove foil and serve immediately.
Putmine in my smoker while cooking other things. Talk about flavorful! Definately on the list for BBQ season!
Loved it! these were tasty and easy to make for a delicious lunch. I used mostly basil and thyme since I had a heap of it and I upped the garlic to two cloves, I used my oven grill since it wasn't BBQ weather, and although mine were cooked though in 20 minutes, I think that the corn would have had *even more* flavour if I'd done it a bit longer. I didn't end up doing mine for longer simply because I was too lazy to re wrap them: they looked so good and I was hungry LOL. DO use a decent oven glove to turn it over, it gets hot! Please see my rating system: a tasty lunch that I will be making again. Thanks!