Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Delicious summer salad - adapted from food network! I didn't include this in the recipe but I like to toast my own french bread croutons and toss them in!
- 2 ears fresh corn, grilled
- 1 avocado, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Combine the corn, avocado, tomatoes and onion in a large glass bowl. Mix together the dressing ingredients in another bowl, pour over the salad, and gently toss to mix.
This was really good and the perfect side dish for grilled chicken or steak. My family doesn't like avocado, so I made it without. Also, used 1 very large tomato instead of the cherry tomatoes b'/c that's what I had. It's 3 WW pts/serving without the avocado. Suggestion: be sure to allow chill time for flavors to meld. The flavors were definitely better after chilling.