1 hr 50 mins
Chef Emstar's Note:
I made this up last month and it became an instant favorite. I hope you enjoy it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 6 ounces beer
- 4 ears grilled corn
- 3 poblano peppers
- 3 cups grated monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 4 cups chicken broth, warmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 8 -10 corn tortillas
- 1Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- 2Heat oil in a sauté pan. Add garlic and onion and sauté until translucent. Add cumin and oregano and cook for 1-2mins until spices start to toast. Deglaze with beer.
- 3Nestle chicken breasts on top of onions and cover. Cook for 18 minutes. Remove from heat and cool enough to shred the chicken.
- 4Mix the shredded chicken with the onions, garlic and liquid from the pan and add the kernels from 3 ears of corn.
- 5Grill the corn for 15-20 minutes in husks. Cool until it is easy to husk and cut kernels from cob.
- 6At the same time, put poblanos on the grill and char on every side. Put them in a paper sack for 15 minutes to sweat. Remove the pepper skins. They should peel off easily. Stem, seed and dice the peppers.
- 7Melt the butter in a saucepan until bubbly. Add the flour and whisk for 1-2mins until flour is cooked. Slowly add the warm chicken broth. Cook until thickened and add 1 cup Monterey jack cheese and the peppers. Puree and taste for salt and pepper.
- 8Warm up a ladleful of sauce in a small sauté pan and put a tortilla in the pan cooking until pliable.
- 9Place the tortilla on a plate and fill with the chicken mixture and a sprinkling of pepper jack.
- 10Place in a greased 9x13-inch pan.
- 11Continue until all of the filling is used up.
- 12Cover the enchiladas with remaining sauce, sprinkle with the remaining corn and pepper jack cheese.
- 13Cover and bake at 375°F for 35 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for 15 minutes more or until bubbly and golden.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Corn and Chicken Enchiladas With Roasted Poblano Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (606 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 781.8
- Calories from Fat 314
- Total Fat 34.9 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 186.9 mg
- Sodium 1097.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 71.6 g