Recipe by Scoutie
A delicious summer salad! I use a bit less of the cumin for my family's taste. I have used the frozen corn with good results as well. The flavors mix SO well together, make sure you give them a chance to marry. Prep time does not include the chilling time. Adapted from Food Network, the Giada Show. Hope you enjoy!
- 2 ears fresh corn or 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil leaf
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- For the salad:
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill.
- Peel back the corn husks. Remove the silks and replace the husks.
- Soak the corn in cold water for 30 minutes.
- Drain and place on the grill for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cool completely and remove the husks.
- Using a sharp knife, remove the corn kernels.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the grilled corn, black beans, garbanzo beans, bell pepper, and mango.
- For the vinaigrette:
- In a small bowl, combine the lime zest, lime juice, balsamic vinegar, basil, and cumin.
- Slowly add the oil, whisking constantly until the mixture thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss well.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, and toss again, before serving.