Recipe by litldarlin
Great dish for people with High Cholesterol like myself. You can also use Halibut instead of Cod, and fresh chopped Oregano.
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon light margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped shallot
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 -2 tablespoon prepared white horseradish
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- vegetable cooking spray
- 4 medium cod fish fillets
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each artichoke heart into quarters.
- Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the margarine over medium heat.
- Cook the shallot and garlic for 5 minutes, or until the shallot is tender.
- Stir in the flour, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in the milk all at once.
- Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the sauce is thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in the artichoke hearts, horseradish, and oregano.
- Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until heated through, stirring constantly.
- Keep warm.
- Preheat the grill on medium-high.
- Lightly spray the grill rack with vegetable oil spray.
- Rinse the fish and pat dry with paper towels.
- Grill the fish, uncovered, for 7 minutes.
- Turn and grill for 5 to 7 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Or to broil, preheat the broiler.
- Lightly spray the broiler pan and rack with vegetable oil spray.
- Broil the fish about 4 inches from the heat for 7 minutes.
- Turn and broil for 5 to 7 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- To serve, spoon the artichoke sauce over the fish.