Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
a tangy, warm and spicy twist to classic sweet coconut coated shrimp. yum.
- 4 ounces peeled precooked, frozen shrimp
- 3⁄4 teaspoon lime juice
- 3 -4 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup coconut, sweetened
- Turn on a stove to between medium and high, and place a frying pan on the stovetop to preheat.
- Place the oil on and about a minute later, the butter. Wait until the butter is melted, then drop the garlic in the pan.
- When it has browned slightly put the lime juice in, and immediatley after, the shrimp.
- About 2-3 minutes later, when it's about halfway done cooking, put in the white pepper. When it's cooked take the shrimp out of the pan and put it on a plate. Keep the pan hot, but on medium.
- Place the coconut into a pie pan or bowl. Whisk the egg.
- A few at a time, dip the shrimp into the egg, and then immediatley dip both sides in coconut. Place back in frying pan. Continue until all shrimp is "coconut coated", while simultaneously flipping, and then taking the shrimp out of the pan as it brown. It will take about 90 seconds per side.