A shrimp cocktail that is Asian in flavour. You can roast the shrimps in a 500ºF (260ºC) oven for 5 minutes or grill them on the barbecue or under the broiler. Prep time includes marinating time. Another winner from my current favourite Chef, Lucy Waverman.
- Place coconut milk in a skillet and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes until reduced by a quarter - it should be the consistency of heavy cream. Stir in the green curry paste, ginger, lime leaves, fish sauce and sugar. Cook another 5 to 6 minutes or until sauce is thickened and fragrant.
- Stir in 1 tbsp each of mint and coriander and all of lime juice. Cool.
- Divide sauce in half in 2 bowls. Season shrimp with salt and stir into half of sauce.
- Marinate shrimp in sauce for 30 minutes. Reserve other half of sauce for dipping sauce.
- Remove shrimps from marinade and discard marinade.
- Preheat grill on high and grill shrimps about 1½ minutes per side or until pink and slightly curled. Cool. Stir in coconut and remaining mint and coriander to dipping sauce. Serve with shrimps.
- Place shrimps on bamboo skewers, if desired.