1/5 Photos of Grilled Coconut Shrimp
A shrimp cocktail that is Asian in flavour. You can roast the shrimps in a 500ºF (260ºC) oven for 5 minutes or grill them on the barbecue or under the broiler. Prep time includes marinating time. Another winner from my current favourite Chef, Lucy Waverman.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 13 ounces coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons green curry paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 lb large shrimp
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1Place coconut milk in a skillet and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes until reduced by a quarter - it should be the consistency of heavy cream. Stir in the green curry paste, ginger, lime leaves, fish sauce and sugar. Cook another 5 to 6 minutes or until sauce is thickened and fragrant.
- 2Stir in 1 tbsp each of mint and coriander and all of lime juice. Cool.
- 3Divide sauce in half in 2 bowls. Season shrimp with salt and stir into half of sauce.
- 4Marinate shrimp in sauce for 30 minutes. Reserve other half of sauce for dipping sauce.
- 5Remove shrimps from marinade and discard marinade.
- 6Preheat grill on high and grill shrimps about 1½ minutes per side or until pink and slightly curled. Cool. Stir in coconut and remaining mint and coriander to dipping sauce. Serve with shrimps.
- 7Place shrimps on bamboo skewers, if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Coconut Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 537.6
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.0 g
- Saturated Fat 23.1 g
- Cholesterol 143.2 mg
- Sodium 1391.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 54.2 g
- Protein 18.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green curry paste