Recipe by ~Leslie~
A shrimp cocktail that is Asian in flavour. You can roast the shrimps in a 500ºF (260ºC) oven for 5 minutes or grill them on the barbecue or under the broiler. Prep time includes marinating time. Another winner from my current favourite Chef, Lucy Waverman.
Top Review by Baby Kato
Awesome recipe Leslie, thank you so much for sharing this treasure. We enjoyed this spicy dish very much. Served over plain steamed rice is was perfection. The sauce was bright, tangy and full of flavor, while the shrimp were perfectly flavored and seasoned. I also used red curry, it was what I had on hand. It tasted wonderful, I can't wait to make this again. Made for ZWT7 for the Witchin Kitchen.
- 13 ounces coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons green curry paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 lb large shrimp
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Place coconut milk in a skillet and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes until reduced by a quarter - it should be the consistency of heavy cream. Stir in the green curry paste, ginger, lime leaves, fish sauce and sugar. Cook another 5 to 6 minutes or until sauce is thickened and fragrant.
- Stir in 1 tbsp each of mint and coriander and all of lime juice. Cool.
- Divide sauce in half in 2 bowls. Season shrimp with salt and stir into half of sauce.
- Marinate shrimp in sauce for 30 minutes. Reserve other half of sauce for dipping sauce.
- Remove shrimps from marinade and discard marinade.
- Preheat grill on high and grill shrimps about 1½ minutes per side or until pink and slightly curled. Cool. Stir in coconut and remaining mint and coriander to dipping sauce. Serve with shrimps.
- Place shrimps on bamboo skewers, if desired.