Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a variation on the classic Cobb salad. I love canned baby corn and thought the addition of it to this salad made it more interesting.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 eggs
- 6 cups roughly chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 tomatoes, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled,pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) candrained baby corn, rinsed
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 2⁄3 cup balsamic vinaigrette (or your preferred dressing)
- Heat your grill; when ready, place chicken on and cook 15-20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center, turning and brushing frequently with the 3 tablespoons salad dressing; remove chicken, place on a plate and cover to cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Place eggs in a small saucepan and add water to cover eggs by 1 inch; bring to a boil, immediately remove from heat; cover and let stand 15 minutes; drain, rinse with cold water, then leave them in ice water for 10 minutes.
- Cut chicken crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices; peel eggs and cut them into slices.
- Arrange lettuce on a large serving platter; arrange chicken, eggs, tomato, avocado, corn and bacon over the lettuce; sprinkle with onions and blue cheese; drizzle with salad dressing.