Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Seafood tends to be on the expensive side, but I like to splurge every now and then. The key to keeping your grocery bill and dinner costs low is to pair more expensive ingredients, like salmon or shrimp, with inexpensive side dishes. You can still make a delicious seafood spread for under $10! Below is a recipe for Grilled Citrus Salmon Packets, whish my family loved!
- 4 salmon fillets, 1/4 lb each
- dill weed
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Place each salmon fillet in a piece of foil that is about 10 to 12 inches long or large enough to wrap around the salmon and make a "packet.".
- Generously season the salmon with dill weed, salt and pepper. Top each fillet with a slice of lemon, lime and orange. Wrap the foil, creating a packet, and place on the grill.
- Grill for 12 to 15 minutes or until salmon has cooked through. Cooking time will vary on thickness of the fillet and heat of the grill.
- Serve Citrus Salmon Fillets with a side dish, such as fresh veggies, brown rice or grilled garlic bread.