Recipe by Chef mariajane
This is a fantastic way of grilling Salmon, and the sauce is simply fantastic - To make a cedar plank version, soak an untreated cedar plank in clean water for 2 hours. Place the plank on the grill over high heat and preheat for 5-10 minutes, or until the wood begins smoking. Place the salmon on the cedar and proceed as directed in the recipe. For best results, use skinless salmon.
Top Review by AcadiaTwo
We thought this was very tasty! The salmon was done perfectly at medium rare. As for the honey garlic sauce, I had to buy a different brand then mentioned as I wasn't able to get it in New Jersey. Made for My Three Chefs tag.
- 1⁄4 cup Diana Honey Garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 lbs boneless salmon fillets
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the grill to medium-high and grease well. Pierce a piece of nonstick foil several times with a skewer and place on a baking sheet. Stir the sauce with the lemon juice, chives, butter, honey, lemon zest, salt, pepper, and hot pepper flakes, (if using).
- Set the salmon, skin-side-down, on the prepared foil. Brush half of the sauce mixture over the salmon fillet. Slide the foil onto the grate. Cook, covered and without turning, for 15-17 minutes or until the salmon is cooked but still slightly coral in the center. Brush with the remaining glaze during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- To serve, slice salmon into portions; use a thin metal spatula to lift each portion off the foil, leaving the skin behind. Garnish with additional chives.