Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Another excellent recipe for your grill.
Make and share this Grilled Citrus Chicken #2 recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- In a ziplock bag, combine orange juice, lime juice, pineapple, garlic, soy sauce, honey, oii and basil. Reserve 1/4 cup of the marinade for basting.
- Place chicken in the bag with the marinade. Seal the bag and turn to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour, up to 6 hours.
- Remove chicken from the bag, discarding the marinade.
- Grill chicken with lid up on a preheated grill for 10 minutes per side, basting with the reserved marinade. Make sure chicken is cooked thoroughly and no pink remains.
I let this chicken marinate in the refrigerator for about 6 hours. We grilled it outdoors and this is a very tender, juicy chicken. We could taste a hint of the sweetness from the pineapple and honey. Thanks for a nice dinner!