Recipe by Kat's Mom
This is the time of year for fresh peaches and this simple dish sounds delicious! I will bet they smell just as good, too. Serve with ice cream or pound cake. Found this on the new Smithfield web site. It appears that the recipes there are by Paula Deen.
- 6 large peaches (fresh ripe peaches)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted (1/2 stick)
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel, halve, and pit peaches.
- Stir together the butter, brown sugar and spices.
- Rub on all sides of peaches covering well (your fingers will be sticky).
- Prepare grill for medium, direct heat.
- Coat cooking grate with grill spray; place peaches on grate.
- Grill 6 to 7 minutes on each side or until tender and marked, brushing with remaining mixture.