Recipe by Mrs.Jack
Grill your apples for dessert! This works with pears, too. (The ideas are endless if you want to try different jams or cheeses.) A great recipe I found in The Houston Chronicle. Enjoy!!!
- 2 large apples, halved and cored (any firm apple you like)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon olive oil (or Pam)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons fig jam
- 4 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brush cut sides of apple half with olive oil.
- Sprinkle each apple half with a bit of salt and cinnamon.
- Place the apples, cut side down on grill. Cover grill and cook until apples have thick grill marks, about 3 minutes.
- Use tongs to flip apples. Reduce heat or move them to a cooler part of grill. Cover grill and cook until apples are just tender, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer each apple half to serving plate. Place 1 teaspoon jam in hollow at center of each apple half, then spoon 1 Tablespoon mascarpone next to it.
- Serve warm.