Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
A great alternative to apple pie! The same yummy flavor with less calories and a great presentation! Try it as is or with whipped cream or ice cream!
- 2 apples, cored and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or 2 tablespoons splenda brown sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Place apple slices in a bowl with water and lemon juice to prevent them from turning brown.
- In another bowl mix cinnamon and sugar.
- Drain apples and place them on grill rack and allow to cook for 6-8 minutes on each side, turning once.
- Remove from grill and sprinkle with the cinnamon brown sugar mixture.
- Garnish as desired and serve!