Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great alternative to apple pie! The same yummy flavor with less calories and a great presentation! Try it as is or with whipped cream or ice cream!
- 2 apples, cored and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or 2 tablespoons splenda brown sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Place apple slices in a bowl with water and lemon juice to prevent them from turning brown.
- In another bowl mix cinnamon and sugar.
- Drain apples and place them on grill rack and allow to cook for 6-8 minutes on each side, turning once.
- Remove from grill and sprinkle with the cinnamon brown sugar mixture.
- Garnish as desired and serve!
Simple and tastes great. I used them to compliment grilled chops, the whole family loved them.
Wow, these are delicious! I used a combination of maple syrup and brown sugar (so I wrapped them in parchment paper). They are great with low fat vanilla ice cream!
What a great healthy alternative way to make cinnamon sugar apples! I only made 2 servings and ended up not paying close enough attention so most of them burned but the ones that didn't were OH SO GOOD, TANGY and SWEET. I used half the amount of Splenda Brown Sugar Blend. My Mom thought I was making french fries! Made for Beverage Tag. I'll be trying these again when I get more apples!