1/5 Photos of Grilled Cilantro-Lime Shrimp With Spicy Hass Avocado Puree
Nancy's Pantry's Note:
This is an Hass Avocado Board recipe. Sounds very simple, but full on flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 limes, juiced and zested
- 1/2 cup cilantro, fresh, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails intact
- fresh cilantro stem, for garnish
- 1In a large mixing bowl, combine the lime juice and zest, cilantro, cumin and oil and whisk well. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Do not marinate shrimp longer than 5 minutes or the lime juice will begin cooking the shrimp.
- 2Preheat a barbecue or grill pan to medium-high heat. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper to taste and grill for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly charred and cooked through, making sure not to overcook the shrimp. Remove the cooked shrimp from the grill and place on a serving platter, with a small serving bowl of the Spicy Hass Avocado Puree. Garnish the shrimp with fresh sprigs of cilantro and serve.
- 3Avocado Puree: Add the avocado, lime juice, sour cream and jalapeno to a blender and puree until smooth, scraping the sides of the blender as needed. Season with salt to taste. Place in a covered, airtight container and refrigerate until serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Cilantro-Lime Shrimp With Spicy Hass Avocado Puree
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 414.2
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 205.9 mg
- Sodium 890.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 23.5 g