Recipe by DailyInspiration
This is an Hass Avocado Board recipe. Sounds very simple, but full on flavor.
Top Review by momaphet
This was a good dish, I made it at a friends house and we served it as an appetizer. I cut the shrimp amount in half and made 1/3 of the puree , I used less jalapeno in the puree because no one like their food too spicy hot. We all thought that the avocado flavor barely came through so would probably reduce the amount of sour cream even further. Made for 2014 Culinary Quest
- 2 limes, juiced and zested
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, fresh, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails intact
- fresh cilantro stem, for garnish
- 3 ripe avocados, scooped out
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream (can use light)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the lime juice and zest, cilantro, cumin and oil and whisk well. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Do not marinate shrimp longer than 5 minutes or the lime juice will begin cooking the shrimp.
- Preheat a barbecue or grill pan to medium-high heat. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper to taste and grill for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly charred and cooked through, making sure not to overcook the shrimp. Remove the cooked shrimp from the grill and place on a serving platter, with a small serving bowl of the Spicy Hass Avocado Puree. Garnish the shrimp with fresh sprigs of cilantro and serve.
- Avocado Puree: Add the avocado, lime juice, sour cream and jalapeno to a blender and puree until smooth, scraping the sides of the blender as needed. Season with salt to taste. Place in a covered, airtight container and refrigerate until serving.