1/1 Photo of Grilled Cilantro-Lime Pork Loin Sandwiches With Coleslaw
4 hrs 10 mins
Adapted from recipe made by Curtis Stone on NBC Today Show. Preparation time includes time to marinate the pork. Sriracha hot sauce is a thicker hot sauce as opposed to Tabasco sauce. You can find it in the Asian section of most large grocery stores. Note: I have made these sandwiches a few times and you can also you boneless pork chops, fat removed and each boneless chop cut into several super thin fillets. Once filleted, use a meat mallet to tenderize each fillet and to flatten further.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 3/4 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 large shallots, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lime zest (1-3 limes depending on size)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (1-3 limes depending on size & juiciness)
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (Sriracha Thai hot sauce is recommended)
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups cilantro lime marinade (half of recipe above)
- 2 lbs boneless pork loin, fat removed
- 1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 4 sandwich buns, split (poppy seed, onion or kaiser rolls, use buns or rolls fresh from the bakery)
- 1 1/2 cups cilantro lime marinade (remaining half from recipe above)
- Coleslaw (use your favorite recipe that will complement the flavor of the cilantro-lime pork)
- 1To marinate the pork:.
- 2Blend cilantro, brown sugar, soy sauce, shallots, garlic, lime peel and juice, and hot sauce in a food processor until nearly smooth. With the machine running, gradually blend in the oil. (Makes 3 1/2 cups; use half for marinade and reserve other half for prepared sandwiches).
- 3Cut the pork loin crosswise into 1/3-inch-thick slices (about 20 slices total). Place the sliced pork loin in a large resealable plastic bag. Add 1 1/2 cups of the marinade and turn the pork slices to coat it all over with the marinade. Twist bag to remove air then seal the bag and refrigerate for 4 hours. Cover the remaining marinade separately and refrigerate.
- 4To prepare the sandwiches:.
- 5Prepare the barbecue for medium-high heat. Working in batches, grill the pork slices until just cooked through and still moist and juicy, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Discard the used marinade. Transfer the pork slices to a large clean platter (do not pile up the slices too much or they will overcook).
- 6Spread the butter over the cut sides of the buns and grill the buns, buttered side down, until they are toasted, about 1 minute.
- 7Pile the pork slices (about 5 slices per bun) on the bun bottoms. Drizzle a spoonful of the remaining unused marinade over the pork. Top with the coleslaw then the bun tops and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Cilantro-Lime Pork Loin Sandwiches With Coleslaw
Serving Size: 1 (441 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1294.4
- Calories from Fat 864
- Total Fat 96.0 g
- Saturated Fat 25.1 g
- Cholesterol 173.3 mg
- Sodium 2476.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 30.0 g
- Protein 53.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: