Recipe by Marie
This recipe is courtesy of Giada DeLaurentis. Chunks of bread are grilled, drizzled with olive oil then rubbed with garlic and the cut side of a tomato.
Top Review by MaryRich
This is a great accompaniment with soup or salad, but I would do a couple of things: sprinkle each with fresh ground pepper, a little sea salt, and a sprinkle of fresh or dried basil. And be generous with that lovely fresh tomato!
- 1 loaf ciabatta
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 tomatoes, halved crosswise
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Slice ciabatta in half lengthwise, then cut each half into 1" slices.
- Place bread on grill pan cut side down and grill until golden and crisp.
- Working quickly, drizzle the toasted side with olive oil.
- Rub garlic cloves over the grilled bread, then rub the cut side of the tomato over (squeeze tomato slightly while doing this).
- It is important to do this while the bread is still hot or warm so that the garlic melts into the bread.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve immediately.