Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is one the recipes from a Indian TV channel recipe site (ndtvcooks.com) . I tried it and liked it. I hope you do too.
- 1 mullet fish
- 6 -7 shallots
- 1⁄2 inch ginger
- 1 -2 clove garlic
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 -3 green chilies
- 5 -6 curry leaves
- 5 -6 okra
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- Grind shallots, ginger, garlic, salt, green chillies, curry leaves along with lime juice to a coarse paste.
- Clean the mullet, remove head and bones, slit open the fish and apply a thick layer of the paste on the upturned insides of the fish.
- Slit open the okras and stuff some of the paste in them.
- Heat a thin layer of oil on the grill.
- Place the fish on the grill with the paste side down (or the skin side up).
- Place the okras on the grill.
- Grill the fish for 5 minutes in this position and for 2 minutes with the skin side down.
- Serve hot with the grilled okras.