Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Chuck steaks are an inexpensive cut of beef, but with a little love they can be tender and flavorful. This marinade helps tenderize the meat while adding a savory and slightly sweet flavor. Preparation time does not include marination time.
- Combine all the ingredients (except steaks) in a bowl. Mix well. You may choose to puree the marinade to get a more consistent mix.
- Reserve one cup of marinade for basting.
- Place three steaks in a gallon storage bag, place the other three in a second bag.
- Divide remaining marinade and pour over steaks. Seal bags and allow steaks to marinate in the refridgerator for four hours or more.
- Grill steaks with medium-hot coals. Leave to coals lumped in the middle of the grill and grill the steaks around them, not directly above them.
- I turn the steaks a few times on the grill and baste liberally with the reserved marinade during cooking.