Recipe by BearsFanJeff
Chuck steaks are an inexpensive cut of beef, but with a little love they can be tender and flavorful. This marinade helps tenderize the meat while adding a savory and slightly sweet flavor. Preparation time does not include marination time.
- 2 lbs chuck steaks, about six steaks
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingredients (except steaks) in a bowl. Mix well. You may choose to puree the marinade to get a more consistent mix.
- Reserve one cup of marinade for basting.
- Place three steaks in a gallon storage bag, place the other three in a second bag.
- Divide remaining marinade and pour over steaks. Seal bags and allow steaks to marinate in the refridgerator for four hours or more.
- Grill steaks with medium-hot coals. Leave to coals lumped in the middle of the grill and grill the steaks around them, not directly above them.
- I turn the steaks a few times on the grill and baste liberally with the reserved marinade during cooking.