1/1 Photo of Grilled Chuck Steak
24 hrs 20 mins
This is a great easy way to cook cheap steaks. I used some cheap steaks I got on sale and they were so tender and tasty. Recipe is easily adjusted to how many steaks you have. Prep time includes overnight marinating time. Recipe source: Fire and Smoke
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 chuck steaks (or other inexpensive steaks)
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle yellow mustard (I used French's)
- vegetable oil
- 1Trim all but 1/4 - 1/2 inch fat from sides of steaks and then slash remaining fat with a knife at 1-inch intervals. Spread 1/4 inch of mustard over both sides of steaks -- do not coat sides of steak with the mustard. Place steaks in a shallow dish large enough to hold steaks in one layer and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight. Let stand at room temperature 2 hours before grilling.
- 2Prepare grill. I used charcoal sprinkled with wood chips.
- 3Brush grids with oil.
- 4Sear steaks over hot coals (or high heat) for one minute per side. Than adjust grids so steaks are over medium hot heat (on my grill I lower the grill grates or you can move the steaks so they are on the outer edges of the coal to reduce heat). Grill for 7-10 minutes on one side (7 minutes for rare, 8-9 for medium, and 10 for well). Turn steaks and grill for 8-12 minutes (8 minutes for rare, 9-10 for medium rare, 11-12 for well done).
- 5To serve, transfer steaks to serving platter or carving board and let stand 5 minutes before cutting across the grain into slices 1/4 inch thick or serve steaks whole.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chuck Steak
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 75.4
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1280.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: