Recipe by ellie_
This is a great easy way to cook cheap steaks. I used some cheap steaks I got on sale and they were so tender and tasty. Recipe is easily adjusted to how many steaks you have. Prep time includes overnight marinating time. Recipe source: Fire and Smoke
Top Review by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
Easy! I thought this would have a strong mustard flavor but it di not. You could not even really tell that it was marinated in mustard- except the steaks were yellow. Next time I will remove the mustard before grilling. I did add some creole seasoning just before I grilled them. Very interesting recipe!
- 4 chuck steaks (or other inexpensive steaks)
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle yellow mustard (I used French's)
- vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim all but 1/4 - 1/2 inch fat from sides of steaks and then slash remaining fat with a knife at 1-inch intervals. Spread 1/4 inch of mustard over both sides of steaks -- do not coat sides of steak with the mustard. Place steaks in a shallow dish large enough to hold steaks in one layer and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight. Let stand at room temperature 2 hours before grilling.
- Prepare grill. I used charcoal sprinkled with wood chips.
- Brush grids with oil.
- Sear steaks over hot coals (or high heat) for one minute per side. Than adjust grids so steaks are over medium hot heat (on my grill I lower the grill grates or you can move the steaks so they are on the outer edges of the coal to reduce heat). Grill for 7-10 minutes on one side (7 minutes for rare, 8-9 for medium, and 10 for well). Turn steaks and grill for 8-12 minutes (8 minutes for rare, 9-10 for medium rare, 11-12 for well done).
- To serve, transfer steaks to serving platter or carving board and let stand 5 minutes before cutting across the grain into slices 1/4 inch thick or serve steaks whole.