Recipe by Marie
A great and unique dessert - or use as a snack or even for breakfast. This is also wonderful made with Challah bread. Recipe by Martha Stewart
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 4 slices Italian bread (3/4-inch thick)
- 4 ounces thin chocolate bars
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large, shallow dish, whisk together eggs and milk and set aside.
- Form two sandwiches with the bread and chocolate (break chocolate as necessary to cover bread without extending over edges).
- Dip both sides of sandwiches in egg mixture to coat.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat and transfer sandwiches to skillet.
- Cook, pressing occasionally with a spatula, until golden, about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Cut in half, and dust with confectioners’ sugar before serving.