Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Okay, don't laugh until you have tried it! Pure comfort food while you experience your childhood.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 4 slices challah or 4 slices Italian bread, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 4 ounces thin semisweet chocolate bars
- 3 -4 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- In a shallow dish, beat together the eggs and milk; set aside.
- Make 2 sandwiches with the bread, peanut butter and chocolate breaking the chocolate as needed to cover bread without extending over the edges.
- Dip both sides of the sandwich in egg mixture to coat.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Put the sandwiches in the skillet and cook, pressing occasionally with a spatula until golden, approximately 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and cut in half.
- Put the powdered sugar in a fine mesh sieve and dust sandwiches with sugar before serving.
This was very yummy, although I did change up your recipe a little. I did not use chocolate, as my pregnant tummy protested against it the night I decided to try your recipe. :( Instead of chocolate, I used banana slices. Other than that, I followed the rest of the recipe exactly. Very tasty! Thank you!
This was really good Paula. I enjoyed it for lunch yesterday. It reminds one of stuffed french toast. Very pretty, quick and easy to make and best of all it satisfied the little child in me. Thanks for sharing.
This was super tasty. I think I'd like it better with Jelly, I don't really have a sweet tooth for chocolate much, but the DH and the baby loved it!