Recipe by PaulaG
Okay, don't laugh until you have tried it! Pure comfort food while you experience your childhood.
Top Review by MarthaStewartWanabe
This was very yummy, although I did change up your recipe a little. I did not use chocolate, as my pregnant tummy protested against it the night I decided to try your recipe. :( Instead of chocolate, I used banana slices. Other than that, I followed the rest of the recipe exactly. Very tasty! Thank you!
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 4 slices challah or 4 slices Italian bread, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 4 ounces thin semisweet chocolate bars
- 3 -4 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a shallow dish, beat together the eggs and milk; set aside.
- Make 2 sandwiches with the bread, peanut butter and chocolate breaking the chocolate as needed to cover bread without extending over the edges.
- Dip both sides of the sandwich in egg mixture to coat.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Put the sandwiches in the skillet and cook, pressing occasionally with a spatula until golden, approximately 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and cut in half.
- Put the powdered sugar in a fine mesh sieve and dust sandwiches with sugar before serving.