Recipe by alligirl
From Bon Appetit March 2011: "A brief sear on the grill and chive-lemon butter dress up these spuds." Perfect for use with raclette. Simple and quick - no muss, no fuss, and tasty too!
Top Review by COOKGIRl
For this easy recipe, I used both red-skinned potatoes and purple potatoes. They were roasted at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes. Then the potatoes were sliced in half, slathered with melted butter and grilled on a stove top grill pan for 10 minutes on the cut side. Transfered the potatoes to a platter and added another slather of butter and seasoned with salt, cracked black pepper, fresh chives and lemon zest. Reviewed for Best of 2011.
- 6 red potatoes, scrubbed
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, 25 to 30 minutes. Drain. Cut potatoes in half; place cut side up on rimmed baking sheet. Press each gently with fork to flatten slightly.
- Stir butter, chives, and lemon peel in medium saucepan over medium heat until butter melts; season with salt and pepper. Brush some chive butter over potatoes.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick spray. Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat).
- Grill potatoes, cut side down, until cut side is crisp and brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Rewarm remaining chive butter. Transfer potatoes, cut side up, to platter. Drizzle with warm chive butter.