Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
from the local paper, this is light and easy, quite tasty too
- 4 limes, juiced
- 1⁄2 cup pale ale
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 -3 canned chipotle chile, mashed
- salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro
- 2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- preheat grill.
- soak bamboo skewers in cold water for 30 minutes, or use metal skewers.
- in a blender whisk the first 8 ingredients.
- pour into a large bowl and add shrimp, mix well.
- grill 2-3 minutes per side.
- if you don't want to use skewers you can just add the shrimp to a grill basket.
These were wonderful. We are HUGE fans of grilled shrimp but had not tried anything like this. To make it simplier, we did not use skewers. THese were gobbled down in no time. Definately a keeper!!!
WOW!! This was a hit with my somewhat picky family. It's often hard to find a meal that they all like, but this one was perfect! Served it with rice pilaf and mixed veggies.
Changed and added a lot but this was GREAT. didn't have cilantro and added vinegar and honey to the marinade. just brushed it on during grilling. spicy and delicious. thanks for this recipe!