Recipe by ajena's kitchen
At our house we love healthy food! The only requirement is that it also has to have taste , as well as being healthy. Who wants to eat healthy, if it tastes like cardboard? If you love mexican food, you are going to like these burgers!! Perfectly seasoned and great for healthy grilling. This recipe was found in an issue of First magazine. Makes 4 burgers.
Top Review by Shannon Holmes
My husband and I really enjoyed these. I forgot to put the cilantro in them, and did not have any mushrooms, but they were still delicious and the flavor was amazing. I sauteed the onions with one garlic clove, and added onion powder and about 2 tbsp. medium salsa. I would definitely make these burgers again, thanks for sharing :)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 lb sliced white fresh button mushroom
- 1⁄4 cup healthy breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mccormicks McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup shredded mexican cheese, we use shredded soy cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat grill or broiler.
- In skillet cook sliced mushrooms in one tablespoon canola oil for 6 minutes.
- In bowl, combine cooked mushrooms, black beans,chopped onions,bread crumbs, fresh cilantro,chopped chipotle in adobo, cumin, and Montreal steak seasoning. Form into 4 patties.
- Place on greased grill or broiler rack.
- Grill 4 minutes, turning once.
- Top with 1 cup shredded mexican cheese, divided. ( or 1 cup Shredded soy cheese)and 1/2 cup salsa.
- Cook one minute. Serve on toasted multi grain.
- hamburger buns or multi grain bread.