Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
Spicy and slightly sweet grilled chicken. This will make your taste bugs WAKE UP and SING! Can even be OAMC- Thanks Tish! If freezing ahead: Put ingredients in a ziploc bag and place in freezer, flattened. To cook from frozen: Thaw in refrigerator. Cook as directed.
Top Review by loof
Yummy marinade for grilled chicken! Easy to make too. It wasn't as spicy as I thought it might be; next time I'll probably add a little more chipotle. Great recipe - thanks for sharing!
- 1133.98 g boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 6
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- 2.46 ml adobo sauce, from the canned peppers
- 59.14 ml lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill to moderate heat for gas or medium indirect heat for charcoal and AWAY from fire, lightly oil or spray COOL cooking rack for easy cleaning.
- Mix minced pepper, adobo, lime juice,garlic, oil and pour half into resealable bag. DO NOT add the honey. That comes later. Reserve the rest for basting.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper- sometimes we use season salt or lemon pepper for a twist.
- Add chicken to bag and allow to marinate for 15 minutes. No need to refrigerate for this short time.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place on preheated grill. Discard USED marinade.
- Grill chicken about 4-5 minutes then flip over and cook another 4-5 minutes.
- Now add the honey to RESERVED marinade and baste chicken. Immediately flip chicken and baste the unbasted side. Grill until lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from grill and pour any remaining RESERVED sauce on top.
- Note: This can be done on an indoor grill as well. Make sure you spray or oil it before heating grill.
- OAMC: If freezing ahead: Put ingredients in a ziploc bag and place in freezer, flattened. To cook from frozen: Thaw in refrigerator. Cook as directed above.