1/8 Photos of Grilled Chipotle Lime Chicken Breasts - or Thighs
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
Spicy and slightly sweet grilled chicken. This will make your taste bugs WAKE UP and SING! Can even be OAMC- Thanks Tish! If freezing ahead: Put ingredients in a ziploc bag and place in freezer, flattened. To cook from frozen: Thaw in refrigerator. Cook as directed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat grill to moderate heat for gas or medium indirect heat for charcoal and AWAY from fire, lightly oil or spray COOL cooking rack for easy cleaning.
- 2Mix minced pepper, adobo, lime juice,garlic, oil and pour half into resealable bag. DO NOT add the honey. That comes later. Reserve the rest for basting.
- 3Season chicken with salt and pepper- sometimes we use season salt or lemon pepper for a twist.
- 4Add chicken to bag and allow to marinate for 15 minutes. No need to refrigerate for this short time.
- 5Remove chicken from marinade and place on preheated grill. Discard USED marinade.
- 6Grill chicken about 4-5 minutes then flip over and cook another 4-5 minutes.
- 7Now add the honey to RESERVED marinade and baste chicken. Immediately flip chicken and baste the unbasted side. Grill until lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- 8Remove from grill and pour any remaining RESERVED sauce on top.
- 9Note: This can be done on an indoor grill as well. Make sure you spray or oil it before heating grill.
- 10OAMC: If freezing ahead: Put ingredients in a ziploc bag and place in freezer, flattened. To cook from frozen: Thaw in refrigerator. Cook as directed above.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chipotle Lime Chicken Breasts - or Thighs
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 479.6
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 181.6 mg
- Sodium 330.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 60.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo