Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Spicy and slightly sweet grilled chicken. This will make your taste bugs WAKE UP and SING! Can even be OAMC- Thanks Tish! If freezing ahead: Put ingredients in a ziploc bag and place in freezer, flattened. To cook from frozen: Thaw in refrigerator. Cook as directed.
- Preheat grill to moderate heat for gas or medium indirect heat for charcoal and AWAY from fire, lightly oil or spray COOL cooking rack for easy cleaning.
- Mix minced pepper, adobo, lime juice,garlic, oil and pour half into resealable bag. DO NOT add the honey. That comes later. Reserve the rest for basting.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper- sometimes we use season salt or lemon pepper for a twist.
- Add chicken to bag and allow to marinate for 15 minutes. No need to refrigerate for this short time.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place on preheated grill. Discard USED marinade.
- Grill chicken about 4-5 minutes then flip over and cook another 4-5 minutes.
- Now add the honey to RESERVED marinade and baste chicken. Immediately flip chicken and baste the unbasted side. Grill until lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from grill and pour any remaining RESERVED sauce on top.
- Note: This can be done on an indoor grill as well. Make sure you spray or oil it before heating grill.
- OAMC: If freezing ahead: Put ingredients in a ziploc bag and place in freezer, flattened. To cook from frozen: Thaw in refrigerator. Cook as directed above.
Yummy marinade for grilled chicken! Easy to make too. It wasn't as spicy as I thought it might be; next time I'll probably add a little more chipotle. Great recipe - thanks for sharing!
I made this recipe with chicken thighs and froze it for OAMC. I cooked it in the crockpot and it turned out full of flavor. My husband said it was the best chicken he has ever had. This will be one of our regulars now!
Oh my! This is some good chicken. We have it at least once a week now that it's grilling weather. Wonderful flavors, and the chicken stays so juicy! We usually have it with grilled corn on the cob and a salad. It also works great with boneless pork chops, but I love the chicken breasts. From one Mamma to another, I thank you!