1/2 Photos of Grilled Chipotle-Chicken Quesadillas
The "sauce" is what makes these quesadillas unique. Serve with Pico de gallo or your favorite salsa. Directions for both a grill or stovetop. From Sunset Magazine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo, drained and minced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 2 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- pico de gallo or other salsa
- 1Brush chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Lay chicken on a grill over medium heat (you can hold you hand 1 or 2 inches above grill level only 4 to 5 seconds) or put chicken in a grill pan over medium heat. Cook chicken 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through (cut to check). Slice cooked chicken breasts into 1/4 in.-thick slices. Keep grill or grill pan hot.
- 2In a small bowl, whisk together chipotle chile, sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice, and cilantro.
- 3Spread 1 tablespoon chipotle-lime sauce on each of the tortillas. Top 4 of the tortillas each with 1/2 cup cheese and a quarter of the chicken slices, then cover with the remaining tortillas (sauce side down). Put each quesadilla on a dinner plate.
- 4Slide quesadillas off the plates onto the grill over medium heat, or slide into a grill pan over medium heat (you may need to grill the tortillas in batches). Grill uncovered turning once, until cheese is melted and both sides are golden, about 2 minutes each side (use a large spatula and tongs to flip the quesadillas). If grilling in batches, keep finished quesadillas warm in a 200 degree oven until ready to serve.
- 5Slice each quesadilla into wedges and serve with salsa on the side.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chipotle-Chicken Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 564.0
- Calories from Fat 281
- Total Fat 31.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 128.8 mg
- Sodium 513.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 44.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo