1/2 Photos of Grilled Chipotle-Chicken Quesadillas
The "sauce" is what makes these quesadillas unique. Serve with Pico de gallo or your favorite salsa. Directions for both a grill or stovetop. From Sunset Magazine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo, drained and minced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 2 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- pico de gallo or other salsa
- 1Brush chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Lay chicken on a grill over medium heat (you can hold you hand 1 or 2 inches above grill level only 4 to 5 seconds) or put chicken in a grill pan over medium heat. Cook chicken 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through (cut to check). Slice cooked chicken breasts into 1/4 in.-thick slices. Keep grill or grill pan hot.
- 2In a small bowl, whisk together chipotle chile, sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice, and cilantro.
- 3Spread 1 tablespoon chipotle-lime sauce on each of the tortillas. Top 4 of the tortillas each with 1/2 cup cheese and a quarter of the chicken slices, then cover with the remaining tortillas (sauce side down). Put each quesadilla on a dinner plate.
- 4Slide quesadillas off the plates onto the grill over medium heat, or slide into a grill pan over medium heat (you may need to grill the tortillas in batches). Grill uncovered turning once, until cheese is melted and both sides are golden, about 2 minutes each side (use a large spatula and tongs to flip the quesadillas). If grilling in batches, keep finished quesadillas warm in a 200 degree oven until ready to serve.
- 5Slice each quesadilla into wedges and serve with salsa on the side.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chipotle-Chicken Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 564.0
- Calories from Fat 281
- Total Fat 31.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 128.8 mg
- Sodium 513.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 44.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo