Prep 3 hrs
Cook 15 mins
A spicy marinade gives this chicken its kick!
Make and share this Grilled Chipotle Chicken Breasts recipe from Food.com.
- 5 chipotle peppers, seeded and chopped by hand
- 1 -3 cup cilantro leaf
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 medium sized shallots
- 1⁄3 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 chicken breasts
- Purée the peppers, cilantro, garlic, shallots and vinegar in a food processor or blender.
- With the machine running add the oil slowly and then the lime juice. This will be the marinade for your chicken.
- Divide the marinade into two portions- one to marinate your chicken and another (in a separate container or bowl) to baste your chicken later while it cooks.
- Marinate the chicken for approximately 1 to 3 hours or overnight.
- Remove chicken from marinade and grill slowly over medium fire.
- Discard marinade used by the chicken (for food safety)
- Baste the chicken with excess marinade that was set aside.