Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Chinese Food Site by Lila Voo. The timing does not include marinating overnight. Serve with fried rice and stir fried green beans. I have reduced the hoisin sauce from 1 cup to 1/2 cup. Also have reduced the sherry wine from 2 tablespoons to 1 1/2 tablespoons. Reductions posted after the first six reviews.
- 16 ounces pork chops, 4 of them about 1 inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce, optional for more heat
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Prepare the pork chops by removing all of the fat.
- Then poke both sides of each chop with a fork.
- Place the chops in a container with a tight fitting lid to be marinated.
- In a separate bowl, mix together thoroughly all of the ingredients for the marinade.
- Pour the marinade over the pork chops and stir them to coat.
- Place them in the refrigerator and marinate overnight.
- When you are ready to cook the chops, pre heat the grill to medium high.
- Once the grill is hot remove the chops from the marinade and immediately place them on the grill.
- Reserve the marinade in the container and let the pork chops sit for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, rotate the chops, don’t flip them yet.
- Just turn them to make nice grill marks on the one side.
- Then using the reserved marinade, lightly baste each pork chop.
- Let them cook another 2 minutes and then flip them.
- Lightly baste again with the remaining marinade.
- After another 2 minutes, rotate them to create grill marks on the other side and lightly baste them one more time.
- After 2 more minutes check to make sure that the internal temperature of each pork chop has reached 140 degrees.
- Once they are done, remove them from the heat, cover them with foil and let them sit for about 10 minutes and then serve.
Yum! I love hoisin sauce so knew that I would love these. Very simple to make and they cooked quickly. My grandson said he didn't want any - until he tried a taste of mine. Then he wanted his own, lol. Thanks WiGal for a great dinner. Made by a fellow Unruly Under the Influence for ZWT6.
I halved the recipe, but otherwise I made it exactly as posted. Delicious chops! I used Recipe #92803 92803 for my hoisin and it worked out perfectly. Thanks for sharing!
I marinated my chops overnight and felt that the hoisin sauce really overpowered the other flavors. Next time I would use less hoisin sauce and increase the chili-garlic for more heat. There is so much sauce left over even after basting that you could get away with cutting the marinade ingredients in half. I served mine with some wild rice and steamed broccoli. This made a great meal. Thanks for posting. Made for Fall PAC 2009