4 hrs 8 mins
I'm hooked on this marinade. The marinade can be used for other type meats.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups fresh cilantro, packed
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (to taste)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lbs sirloin steaks or 1 1/2 lbs beef tenderloin
- 8 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1Combine lemon juice, cilantro, garlic, pepper flakes, oregano, salt and oil in a blender. Process to form a thick puree.
- 2Taste and season with pepper flakes and salt as desired. Place 2/3 cup puree in an airtight container and refrigerate; reserve for sauce.
- 3Cut beef into 1 1/2-inch cubes. Place cubes in resealable plastic bag with remaining puree; squeeze out excess air.
- 4Marinate in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight; turn as needed to evenly coat.
- 5Preheat grill to medium-high. Clean it with a stiff brush, then rub with vegetable oil.
- 6Remove beef cubes from marinade, and thread onto skewers; leave a bit of space between cubes. Discard marinade. Sprinkle beef kebabs with salt to taste.
- 7Grill until nicely charred on outside with defined grilling marks, about 2 minutes per side for medium-rare, 3 minutes per side for medium, and 4 minutes per side for medium-well.
- 8Drizzle some reserved chimichurri sauce over kebabs, and serve hot or at room temperature. Serve remaining sauce on side.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chimichurri Beef Kebabs
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 594.6
- Calories from Fat 441
- Total Fat 49.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 127.5 mg
- Sodium 530.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 35.0 g