Prep 4 hrs
Cook 8 mins
I'm hooked on this marinade. The marinade can be used for other type meats.
Make and share this Grilled Chimichurri Beef Kebabs recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups fresh cilantro, packed
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sirloin steaks or 1 1⁄2 lbs beef tenderloin
- 8 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Combine lemon juice, cilantro, garlic, pepper flakes, oregano, salt and oil in a blender. Process to form a thick puree.
- Taste and season with pepper flakes and salt as desired. Place 2/3 cup puree in an airtight container and refrigerate; reserve for sauce.
- Cut beef into 1 1/2-inch cubes. Place cubes in resealable plastic bag with remaining puree; squeeze out excess air.
- Marinate in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight; turn as needed to evenly coat.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Clean it with a stiff brush, then rub with vegetable oil.
- Remove beef cubes from marinade, and thread onto skewers; leave a bit of space between cubes. Discard marinade. Sprinkle beef kebabs with salt to taste.
- Grill until nicely charred on outside with defined grilling marks, about 2 minutes per side for medium-rare, 3 minutes per side for medium, and 4 minutes per side for medium-well.
- Drizzle some reserved chimichurri sauce over kebabs, and serve hot or at room temperature. Serve remaining sauce on side.