Recipe by Oolala
Marinate 2 hrs., skewer and grill for a quick and easy meal. Nice on a bed of rice with a salad. From Mary Scourtes, Food Writer, The Tampa Tribune, Tampa, FL.
Top Review by Cookin-jo
Easy and delicious! I made the recipe even easier by tossing the shrimp in a grill basket instead of skewering. I love the fresh parsley, ginger, and chili sauce flavours. A definite make-again recipe. Thank you, Oolala.
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 lbs medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients well, except the shrimp, to make a marinade.
- Add the shrimp; stir to evenly coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Drain shrimp, discarding marinade.
- Thread 6 shrimp each on wooden skewers that have been soaking in cold water for 20 minutes.
- Thread them so that the shrimp lie flat.
- Put skewers on a well oiled rack on a gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill 4-6 inches from medium coals.
- Cook, turning once, 6-8 minutes or until shrimp are pink and opaque throughout.