Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this recipe in a Better Homes magazine. This is good for a cook out. Anyone that likes a little spice, this is it. The flavor is to delicious, sweet and spicy. Takes little time to do but worth it.
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lime peel
- 1⁄4 tablespoon lime juice (about 1 1/2 limes)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely minced*
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp (about 6 per person)
- 1. preheat grill to medium- high. In medium bowl, combine all ingredients except shrimp and stir well. Peel shrimp except for tail, and devein. rinse and pat dry with paper towels.
- 2. Place shrimp in large resealable bag. add marinade. Through bad, rub marinade into shrimp. Place in refrigerator for 20 minutes. Halfway through turn bag and give shrimp another marinade massage. (do not marinate longer than 20 minutes, or the acidic lime juice will cook the shrimp.).
- 3. Place shrimp on skewers, (this is nice for presentation keeps shrimp from falling into the girl and makes them easier to turn.).
- 4. Grill shrimp on an oiled grill rack 2 min per side or until opaque.