Recipe by lazyme
From Gourmet magazine, a simple make-ahead recipe that will please your guests. These can be made a day ahead, marinated overnight, and just pop on the grill for a quick company meal.
Top Review by kaurorac
I really liked the spice combo for the marinade along side the Jalapeno Jelly. It complemented the lamb very well. The make ahead part always makes me happy, too. I will make this again!
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 lamb chops, 1 1/2-inches thick
- 2 cups hot pepper jelly
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl stir together the chili powder, the cumin, the thyme, the sugar, the salt, the allspice, and the black pepper.
- Sprinkle the spice mixture over the chops, rub it evenly all over the meat, and chill the chops, covered, for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Prepare a grill with glowing coals or preheat the broiler.
- On the oiled rack of the grill or on a broiler pan in the broiler, grill or broil the chops 4 inches from the heat for 5 to 7 minutes on each side for medium-rare meat.
- Serve the chops with the pepper jelly.