Plucked this recipe outta my Great Grilling Cookbook!!
Make and share this Grilled Chili Lime Corn recipe from Food.com.
- Prepare chili-lime spread by mixing all the ingredients together.
- Heat coals or gas grill.
- Remove large outer husks from each ear of corn;turn back inner husks and remove silk.
- Spread each ear of corn with about 2 teaspoons of chili-lime spread;reserve remaining spread.
- Pull husks up over ears and secure ends with fine wire(I don't secure mine)
- Grill corn uncovered 3 inches from MEDIUM heat 20-30 minutes,turning frequently,until tender.
- Serve corn with remaining spread.
- ***TIP***I grill my corn on my gas grill,on the top rack, covered,and it came out the same as directed.
I've made this several times. It really does bring an almost perfect food (grilled corn on the cob) to a higher level of perfect! It has just enough zip. We don't grill our corn in the husk, we just mist it with a little evoo and put it right on the grill. DElicious!!!!!!
Yum! We loved the lime twist of this corn. This was the first time we grilled corn in the husk. I'd been wanting to try it for a long time. It was good, but I'm not sure it was worth the trouble. Next time I'd cook it according to my usual method, but add that delicious chili lime butter! It wasn't too spicy, but still flavorful. I would also add about 1/4 tsp salt to boost the flavor a little more.
Excellent!!!! I put mine in foil on the grill with the husks off for about 30 minutes. It was wonderful!